Monday, August 08, 2005

1d: Entry Point

She was taller than I had expected, her golden hair reached down to the curve of her back, nestling there like a coiled snake. Her crystal blue eyes surveyed the room before resting on me, her lips curt and stern.

“Stay where you are.” Her nostrils flared but she remained still, I could feel her probe my mental net, gently at first then with increasing irritation.

“Why do they call you the man?”

I smiled and shrugged. “I have no idea. Do you?”

“No.” She was wearing simple white, long sleeved top that hugged her ample frame and a pair of plain blue trousers. Despite their bland appearance they glinted in the light of the morning sun, the small impact scales peeking out. It amounted to full body protection; c-specks even had metal grafted onto their skulls. “Why are you here? What does the Hashashi want?”

“That is confidential.” I leaned down to the floor where I had left an opened bag of nuts, making sure she saw my identity band as it glowed green. If she killed me now there would be repercussions. “What about you? This place must be pretty important to have not one but two c-specks running errands. The Sanctum got something to hide?”

“No.” She clasped her hands in front of her, the tip of her spike edging out of its cave. “Why are you here?”

I sighed. “To kill someone.”

“Who?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t checked yet.” I lied. “Try and interrogate me if you want.”

“Only one?”

“Yes, only one, sorry about the mix up earlier, slight misunderstanding.” I flicked an info packet mentally towards her, making sure it couldn’t be traced. “It’s all there, all the proper clearance.”

She twitched as she read the packet, then again. Suddenly she smiled. “Welcome, my name is Isabella J3 at your service; please contact the Sanctum if you have any need of assistance in this matter.” She returned my info packet with her contact details.

I shivered as I watched her pirouette and disappear out of the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home